Characters are made using Silvervine’s standard creation rules. A few things to note:
- Only one attribute can be raised to 5 at creation (even with the Ridiculous Attribute focus). A 2 is “normal”.
- All skills are capped at 2 at creation.
- HP is capped at 60 (or 80 with the Wellspring of Vitality focus) throughout the Novice tier.
- When picking gear, make sure to check the House Rules for extra tidbits and options.
- It is better to buy starting weapon sets (with Asset Points) than to purchase the equivalent gear individually (with money).
- Starting weapons may deal elemental damage, but the sum of raw and elemental cannot exceed 8.
- Magic and magic-like Focuses are limited (see Setting Rules) and must be approved.
I have made a number of starting gear – at least one for each type – but new characters are not necessarily limited to these. Players may create their own weapons/armors and stats (weapons within the existing categories), but they must be approved. Keep in mind that no-one is bound to any particular weapon or category regardless of starting choice; players may freely switch weapons, armor, and styles between hunts (provided they actually have something to switch to).